Concur Profile & System
How do I log into Concur?
The Concur system is available through our single sign on Concur Login.
Sign in with your LETU email address as your username and LETU password.
How do I add my University Travel Card to my Concur Account?
Your LETU credit card should already be in your profile. However, if you need to add another card, follow the instructions below:
To add your LeTourneau University Travel Card to your Concur Account, log in to Concur and follow the instructions below.
- Select “Profile” in the upper right. You will see the Profile drop-down menu. Select “Profile Settings”
- Select “Credit Cards” under “Personal Information” on the left side of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom and in the “Credit Cards” section, select “Add a Credit Card”
- Fill out all appropriate fields and check boxes.
NOTE: Use Billing Address: PO Box 7001, Longview TX 75607-7001
Is there currently a service outage in Concur?
If the system appears to be running slow or you are experiencing issues logging in or using Request/Travel/Expense functions you can check the Concur Status Board to see if there is an active service outage. In the top right corner of the screen you can click “Subscribe to Updates” if you wish to receive updates when the system is experiencing issues.
How do I become a delegate or assign a delegate to prepare travel and expenses?
Travelers are responsible for assigning delegates to prepare travel and expenses in Concur.
- Select “Profile” in the upper right. You will see the Profile drop-down menu. Select “Profile Settings”
- To assign a delegate to book travel scroll down on main page to Assistants. Select Add an Assistant, Enter Name of Assistant and Can Book Travel
- To assign a delegate to prepare expense reports, go to Profile Settings > Expense Delegates on left side of the page. Select Add, enter delegate name, Can Prepare and Receives Emails
How do I configure e-mail notification settings in Concur?
To configure e-mail notifications:
- Log into Concur and navigate to Profile Settings. Under Expense Settings is an option for Expense Preferences. On this screen you can check the boxes for any e-mail notifications you wish to receive. Be sure to leave these checked otherwise you may not receive important emails if not checked.
University Travel Card
What is the Billing Address for my Travel Card?
PO Box 7001
Longview, TX 75607
How do I apply for a University Travel Card?
The travel card is available to all LETU and staff who travel and/or who may book travel on behalf of others.
If you have approval from your supervisor to have a Travel Card, you may fill out the Travel Card Request Form (form coming soon)
Can I use my Travel Card to book travel for other employees or guests?
Yes; however, you are responsible for reconciling those charges on an expense report. In this case, charges for multiple people can be combined on one expense report.
Who approves my Travel Request and/or Expense Report in Concur?
Your supervisor. Depending on the type of expense and any additional fund and function code allocations, there may be other approvers in the workflow.
Can someone approve in my absence?
Yes, approvers are responsible for assigning delegates in case of an absence from work.
- To assign a delegate to approve expense reports, go to Profile Settings > Expense Delegates on left side of the page. Select Add, enter delegate name, Can Approve Temporary, add date range.
What is a travel Request, and is it required?
A travel request through Concur is required to ensure proper approval for travel has been obtained prior to the purchase of any travel related expenses. Request is used to provide the approver/supervisor with the ability to understand the overall cost of the trip and determine whether or not they are willing to cover all costs associated with this trip. Requests can be allocated to multiple function numbers, if departments are splitting the cost of an employee’s travel. The approved travel request is also used to ensure an adequate credit limit is established on traveler’s card for the duration of the trip and to cover any pre-trip expenses (i.e. airline costs, conference fees, deposits, etc).
How do I make a Travel Request in Concur?
Go to Travel Request Reference Guide under Job Aid / Training.
What do I use to estimate meal costs for my trip?
- The maximum amount for meals while traveling overnight is $50/day. You can use this amount or less for the estimate.
- All meals should be paid for using your Travel Card and your budget will only be charged the actual meal costs that you incur while traveling. All meal expenses require a receipt when submitted with your expense report.
Helpful Hint: Use the Concur App to take pictures of meal receipts while traveling and they will automatically be uploaded into Concur and matched with your credit card transaction.
How do I update my default account number for a Request?
- To assign a default account, go to Profile Settings > Request Information on left side of the page. Add the default fund and function and Save.
- Note this will update the default account for Expense as well.
How do I cancel a request in Concur?
If you have submitted a Request for a trip but are no longer able to go on the trip, you
may cancel the request.
- Under the Requests tab, click the Request name to open the request page
- Select the Cancel Request button on the top-right of the page.
- Add a comment regarding the reason for cancelling the Request.
When should I request a Cash Advance?
Cash advances should only be used for student per diem or if you are traveling to a country where they may not accept your JPMorgan Travel Card. The use of cash
advances must be documented and receipts attached when submitting the expense report. If issuing Student Per Diem, students must sign that they received the issued Per Diem.
How do I request a Cash Advance?
Go to Cash Advance Request Reference Guide under Job Aid / Training
Do we have to use Corporate Travel Planners and Concur for online booking?
The LeTourneau University Travel Program has been implemented in order to provide competitive pricing for University Travelers. Discounted rates are based on volume (the more travelers who use the system, the better the rates); therefore, University travelers
booking through Concur and CTP will allow the University to negotiate the best
rates with airlines. It also ensures that any LETU Frequent Travel Programs are being utilized. For example, LETU has a business extra account with AA, with this travelers receive their personal points, but LETU also receives points which LETU can then use towards free tickets to help in reducing the overall cost of the travel at University.
Concur is required for the submission of all expense reports related to travel, whether or not, the LETU Travel Card was used. Request for reimbursement of any travel
related expenses must go through Concur.
When is the best time for me to book my flight?
It is recommended that airfare be booked 14-21 days in advance.
Can I book a multi-leg trip online?
Yes, multi leg trips can be booked online.
It is suggested that complicated, multi-leg, international itineraries be booked by a Full Service CTP Travel agent.
Can I book an international trip online?
International travel can be booked online, however if your itinerary includes several international destinations or inter- country travel you should contact Full Service.
Full Service will be able to get better pricing and advise of any travel documents you may need.
Can I change/reserve my seat online?
In most instances a pre-reserved seat can be done online while making your reservation; however, once a reservation has been ticketed and confirmed, you can access the airline’s website and modify the seat assignment or make changes based on frequent flyer status. It is important to note that a pre-reserved seat is never guaranteed.
How do I verify if my frequent flyer number is included in my reservation?
The traveler’s frequent flyer number will be printed on the final invoice that is sent by CTP. It will be listed under Frequent Flyer Info.
Frequent Flyer information can be added to the traveler’s profile in Concur. Once it has been added to the profile, it will automatically be included in any reservation for that airline.
How do I book a conference hotel?
If required, Conference bookings can be booked through the website, if using Concur to book a hotel at a conference rate, please use conference Hotel request.
How do I obtain access to book for a guest?
Contact the accounting office to request access. Access will only be given to administrative staff.
How do I book a prospective employee’s travel?
Prospective employee’s would be booked as a guest through Concur if LETU is paying for the airfare.
What is Group Travel?
Group Travel is defined as a group of 10 or more individuals traveling to or from the same destination.
If a traveler is in travel status and needs to change their travel arrangements, who should they contact?
Please contact CTP. They will make the necessary changes to your travel plans. Justification will need to be provided to LETU for changes.
How do I upgrade my flight reservation?
Extra leg room, early check in and change in flight class can be obtained by contacting the airline company directly. All additional requests will require an explanation for additional charges. LETU does not reimburse/pay for these extra charges.
How do I create an expense report?
For instructions on creating an expense report, please see the Expense Reference Guide under Job Aids / Training.
When should I submit my expense report?
Expense reports should be submitted by the 15th day of the month following the month of the trip for credit card transactions. Out-of-pocket expense report should be submitted no later than 30 days after the end of your trip. Note, you can include out-of-pocket expenses on the same report as credit card transactions if desired.
Can I allocate an expense report to multiple Fund and Function Numbers?
Yes, you can allocate expenses across multiple Fund and Function Numbers.
How long does it take for my Travel Card transactions to flow through into the Concur system?
It is typically takes 3-8 business days for the charges to be imported into Concur. This is dependent upon when the merchant sends the transactions to MasterCard.
What is Expense Assistant?
- Expense Assistant is an automated expense report feature that was created by Concur. When this feature is turned on, it begins to build an expense report from available, eligible expenses automatically as the expense is loaded into the system.
- To turn on Expense Assistant, go to the Expense tab within Concur. You will see a blue box with an information icon with “Enable Expense Assistant” bolded between the Active Reports and Available Expenses sections. Click on the “Learn More” link to follow instructions to enable the feature. To disable Expense Assistant, click the “Stop this process” link that appears between the Active Reports and Available Expenses sections on the Expense tab within Concur.
What if I am missing a receipt?
Detailed receipt images or e-receipts are required for airfare, lodging, car rental, and conference registration. Please contact the supplier for a receipt if the original was lost. For other expense types, a Missing Receipt Affidavit can be attached which is built into the Concur System. This will be signed off by your Supervisor as part of your Expense Report.
How do I attach receipts in Concur?
There are multiple ways to attach receipts in Concur depending on the tool that you are using. Instructions are as follows.
Concur Mobile App:
- Within the app, use the ExpenseIt (camera) icon to take a picture of your receipt. The ExpenseIt smart capture will begin
- An expense item will be created from the receipt, and the expense and receipt image will display under Available Expenses.
More information about the Concur mobile app can be found here